♫ Now playing in Jaimey's mind: Staind ~ For You ♫
Everyone needs goals, especially writers. If we didn't set goals, we'd never get these stories out of our heads and onto paper. Thus, here are my writing goals for 2012:
- Heartless: read, edit, read again, tweak, submit to TreasureLine Publishing for re-release.
- Intrigue: read, edit, read, edit again, read, tweak, offer up to beta readers, read, edit, read, tweak, submit to TreasureLine.
- Temptation: finish first draft, read, edit, read, tweak, submit to beta readers.
- Retribution: finish first draft, read, edit, read, tweak, submit to beta readers who have strong stomachs.
- Flawless: finish first draft, read, edit, read, tweak, submit to beta readers.
- My Lady Coward: finish this episodic short story and submit to TreasureLine for publication.
- Sable's Secrets: give Sable her HEA or at least put her out of her misery. (Don't know who Sable is? You can read about her HERE, HERE, or HERE.)
- The Dragon Curse: read, edit, read, edit, read, edit... (yeah, this one needs work).
- The Keeper and the Key: figure out what the heck is going on in this short story....sheesh.
- Unnamed fantasy novel (co-authored with Linda Boulanger): finish my part and send to Linda so she can add hers.
- SELL MORE BOOKS.
OK, so that last isn't a writing goal. Still, if I wanna keep this writing gig, I need to step up in the marketing department. Not my cup of tea but any job demands we do things we are not totally comfortable doing.
So what are your writing goals?
Not a writer? What are your reading goals?
*Image found on Wikimedia Commons.