2010 was a year of adjustment and personal growth. Here's a brief list of what I learned that may be of some help to others, writers and non-writers alike:
- Everything you see, hear, or read should be taken with a grain of salt.
- A writer most definitely CAN edit all the emotion out of his/her manuscript.
- Well-meaning advice can be more hindrance than help.
- Some '-ly' words are necessary and 'was' isn't always passive.
- Write to your strength and only improve that which actually needs improving. True friends can point out where you honestly need to strengthen your writing.
- We are all artists. We are all talented.
- Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.
- A lifetime of abuse does not disappear with the death of the abuser. It is up to the abused to let the past go.
- A change in your diet can result a new outlook on life.
These were personal lessons for me but perhaps my readers can take something away from them, too. I hope everyone's year was filled with love, family, success, and happiness. May the coming year be the same.
Happy reading, writing, and blogging!!