Pearls were a feature of the Season in Regency London. Debutantes wore them, matrons wore them; sometimes, they could be even be found in a gentleman's cravat. They were a sign of affluence and prosperity. They are mentioned in the Bible, portrayed in paintings by masters, and regarded as precious gems the world over.
What better way to celebrate pearls than by giving them away!
I have teamed up with my brother Jay, the owner/artist behind JAYSDESIGN Jewelry, with a new giveaway offer. We are giving away a signed copy of my Regency romance, Redemption, and a 16" string of genuine pearls. This isn't two separate giveaways. The winner will receive the book and a string of pearls. (This pearl necklace is made of cultured freshwater pearls. In Regency England, the pearls would have been natural pearls, most likely freshwater that were mistakenly thought to be saltwater. The culturing process was not developed until the early 1900s. The vast majority of pearls available on the market now are cultured.)
How can you enter to win this marvelous prize?
First, the rules:
- All participants must be 18 or older. If you are under 18, please get a parent to enter for you. Some have said my books are suitable for teens but that is a decision I leave up to each and every parent.
- You must have a US mailing address. If you live outside the US but have a family member with a US mailing address who can hold your prize for you or is willing to ship it themselves, feel free to enter. Otherwise, USA only.
- Entry deadline is August 31st at Midnight EST. The winner will be announced September 1st on this blog. Since I am not requiring an email for this contest it is up to all the entrants to check back September 1st to see who won. The winner must then contact me at jaimeygrant(at)yahoo(dot)com with their mailing address. If I don't hear from the winner by September 7th, a new name will be drawn.
- Relatives of me (Jaimey Grant aka Laura Miller) or Jay Lyons are not eligible to win. Sorry.
Here's how to enter:
- Become a follower of this blog, Into the Mind of Jaimey Grant. This can be accomplished through Google Friend Connect or Facebook's Networked Blogs. If you follow through both avenues, that's two entries. (There are follow buttons located at the top of the page and lower down on the sidebar.)
- Become a follower of Jay's blog, JAYSDESIGN Jewelry. This can be accomplished through Google Friend Connect or Facebook's Networked Blogs. If you follow through both avenues, that's two entries. (Both follow buttons are located in the sidebar. Scroll down until you see them.)
- Become a follower of my book reviews blog, Romance, Old School. This can be accomplished through Google Friend Connect or Facebook's Networked Blogs. If you follow through both avenues, that's two entries. (Both follow buttons are located in the sidebar. Scroll down until you see them.)
- Visit my facebook fan page and click the little "become a fan" button. That's an entry.
- Visit Jay's facebook fan page and click the little "become a fan" button. That's an entry.
- Follow me on twitter. That's an entry. If you tweet about the contest (or retweet my tweet), you will get another entry.
- Leave a comment on this post indicating which of the above you have done. Be sure that your post is somehow different from everyone else's. More than one "plain Jane" can lead to some confusion. For each of the above things you've done, you get an entry. That's a grand total of 10 ways to enter. If you enter in all 10 ways, you get an automatic 11th entry.
- If you are already a follower or fan, simply leave your comment indicating which ones you are. I do not automatically enter any followers or fans.
Pretty easy. No questions to answer, forms to fill out or blood oaths to make. Thanx for entering and have a lovely day!!