The random—and not so random—musings of a quirky Regency romance writer.
No one with that many people in her head can possibly be normal...

Monday, October 26, 2009

Two Internet Birds With One Blogger Stone

The last award I received was quite a shock for me. I think I wander this internet world with the belief that no one else sees me or hears me. Every time I get a comment or email, I have to tamp down my surprise before I can reply to the wonderful person. LOL :o)

All that aside, Joyce DiPastena at JDP News has given me two wonderful awards. (I am extremely late in acknowledging these. For that, I apologize.)

The first one is the Kreativ Blogger Award. (What a kreativ way to spell creative, I must say.) Thank you, Joyce! *curtsy* I will endeavor to live up to such faith in my kreativness.

Ok. This award has a few requirements with it.

First, I am supposed to share seven things you may not know about me. I will attempt to choose interesting or, at the very least, odd things. Here goes:
  1. I was blue when I was born. I mean, literally blue. I turned in the birth canal and the cord wrapped around my neck. Mom called me her little smurf.
  2. As a child, my dad's nickname for me was Maynard. I'm still not sure why...
  3. When my sister and I were very young, we weren't allowed to have Ken dolls. So we took one of our Barbies and shaved her head. Then--brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen--we shaved off her breasts, too. She was supposed to be a boy, after all.
  4. I have an irrational fear of frogs. Dead ones are scarier than live ones.
  5. I didn't always want to write. When I was really young, I wanted to be a veterinarian, a doctor, a teacher--there were probably more but I'm at a loss to remember. Mostly, I wanted to sing opera. I didn't have the pipes for opera but choir was my dearest love in junior high and high school.
  6. I'm addicted to crime dramas and British television shows. Oh, and science-fiction shows, and Jane Austen movies, and...ok, I'm addicted to TV. Period.
  7. My second child was born by emergency c-section. I was the calmest person in the room.
Did I succeed in providing at least somewhat interesting facts about myself? I hope you were mildly entertained.

Now, I am to nominate 7 more kreativ bloggers to pass the award to. Let me think...
  1. Gina Collia-Suzuki at All Things Considered
  2. Thersa Matsuura at kappa no he
  3. Thomma Lyn at Tennessee Text Wrestling
  4. Veronica Lee at OF MICE AND raMEN
  5. Bernadette Simpson at Escapade Through Egypt
  6. Lori at When We Listen
  7. All of the lovely authors/posters at The Sweetest Romance Authors
Congratulations, all! If you have already received this award, congratulations again. You deserve it!

Here are the rules for this blog award:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thanx a bunch, Joyce!!)
  2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
  3. Link the logo to the person who nominated you for this award.
  4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
  5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
  6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
  7. Leave comments on each of the blogs letting them know that they've been nominated.
As for the second award...

This one is so special. Joyce has awarded me with the "Let's Be Friends" Award even though she is a little perturbed that I don't comment as often on her blog as I should. I have been trying to remedy that. :o)

"Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers."

I am passing this very charming award on to the following bloggers:
  1. Thomma at Tennessee Text Wrestling
  2. Gina at All Things Considered
  3. Thersa at kappa no he
  4. Bernadette at Escapade Through Egypt
  5. Rachel at Rachel Rager
  6. Veronica at OF MICE AND raMEN
  7. Anyone who reads this and wants to spread the love.
In dawns on me that I have selected nearly the same list of bloggers for these two awards. Perhaps kreativity and friendship go hand-in-hand.

2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats on the well deserved awards and thanks for awarding to me.

You're the greatest!!

Thomma Lyn said...

Congratulations on your awards, and thank you so much for passing them on to me. Sorry I'm late in acknowledging -- but I'm getting a post ready! Hugs, and I hope you're having fun NaNoing. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin