The random—and not so random—musings of a quirky Regency romance writer.
No one with that many people in her head can possibly be normal...

Saturday, May 24, 2014

~Snippet Saturday~ Honor

You may have noticed I changed the meme title just a bit. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it before, considering Regency Wednesday has the day second. So Saturday Snippets has become Snippet Saturday. Hope that’s not too disappointing for anyone.  

Now that that’s out of the way, on to today’s snippet!  

I’ve chosen one of my favorite works this time. This one is my baby, the one and only book I had to write. This one wouldn’t leave me alone, wouldn’t let me rest. The first draft was completed from beginning to end within two months. Readying it for reader consumption took years. 

Without further ado, a snippet from Honor. Enjoy!



(Taken from chapter three...)

Tears gathered in her eyes. Her father would beat her for her defiance. Sniffling, she accepted the handkerchief held out to her and spoke, the words tumbling out in a rush of suppressed panic. “A few months ago, my father informed me that he arranged a m-marriage for me. That is why I ran away. I just can’t do it!” The dam ruptured and she burst into tears.

Connor put his arms around her and held her against him. She stiffened at first but her muscles slowly eased and she buried her face in his chest. Sobs wracked her small frame and tears soaked his gold waistcoat. He removed her mobcap and released the severe knot of hair at her nape. He smoothed his hand over the shining tresses in a soothing manner until she quieted, her heartbreaking sobs becoming mere whimpers.

“Are you sure you can’t marry your father’s choice?”

Verena stiffened and drew away from him, disappointed that he would even suggest such a thing.

“Do you happen to know my father, my lord? Any man who enjoys my father’s good opinion is already beyond redemption.”

“Surely he can’t be that bad,” Connor insisted.

“There is none worse than Mr. Winters, I assure you,” she said in a frightened little voice that trembled slightly.

“Percival Winters?”

Verena bobbed her head in acknowledgment.

Lord Connor’s face and tone contained all the horror Verena could have wished, but she could take little comfort in that fact. Percival Winters may have enjoyed the title of gentleman in Society but nothing could be further from the truth. He was a cad, a cheat, and a scoundrel. His money was all that kept him accepted throughout the ton.

“Marry me instead.”



I hope you enjoyed that little taste of Honor. For more info on the book (as well as another excerpt) you can visit my site HERE. If this is enough for you, you can grab an e-copy of this book from Amazon (US or UK), B&N, Apple, Smashwords, or Kobo.

Thank you for stopping by!

♥Happy reading, writing, and blogging!!♥

There’s a jukebox in my head. It’s currently playing
♫♪ PTX ~ Show You How To Love  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin